Here is a brief recap of the Fall 2009 Books & Beyond events:
- Held two successful fundraisers at The Village Deli and Max’s Place, raising over $1,300.
- Newark Collegiate Academy students visited IU to kickoff year 2 of the project and begin writing stories on this years theme of conservation.
- Global Village students and Newark Collegiate Academy Writing Partners have spent four Saturdays writing, editing and illustrating their stories.
- The Documenting Team attend a series of trainings on videography and editing footage. They plan to complete a You Tube by March 2010.
- The Kickstarter campaign has raised $5,575 to help with printing costs for the US and Rwandan stories to be published in anthology during Spring 2010.
- The Fund Development Team wrote two grants and raised $5,500 thanks to sponsorships from the IU Student Association and the IU Residential Programs and Services Academic Initiatives and Services.